Some trees grow to be enormous. They can reach heights of hundreds of feet, have trunks so large that a car can drive through them, and have root systems that stretch out more than 30 feet with a depth of 170 feet. Those with learning differences are like a tree with a scrawny little root system and no fruit or leaves on the tree.
The Pathfinder Solution
- Our systematic steps work to help develop a root system.
- The process is almost undetectable and subtle. Brain training creates new pathways for learning that didn’t exist. We change the way the brain processes with several methods and learning exercises.
- Our unique approach plants new seeds, helps it open, and grow.
- This process creates growth, “fruit,” and diminishes the extensive emotional problems/symptoms. These changes help provide encouraging steps for those who are learning challenged and parents.
- The initial tears of fear and frustration become tears of encouragement, progress, and hope for opportunities and a future.
What do we actually do?
At Pathfinders Learning, we help build efficient underlying skills, which provide a foundation for learning to read, write, spell and do math. By training these critical skills, people who previously struggled can learn with more ease and experience success.
We provide assessments to identify weak underlying skills and then develop an individualized, one-on-one cognitive training program that transforms learning into a positive, successful experience for our clients.
Weaknesses in underlying processing skills can be difficult to recognize, but they are necessary for all learning, including reading, writing, spelling, and math.
Students, who struggle with learning, including those with dyslexia and ADHD, can strengthen these processing skills. This requires specific, targeted cognitive or brain training. We use researched, brain-based programs and techniques to fix these learning skills and enable students to become confident, independent learners.
Care to learn more? Attend one of our Parent Information Meetings.