Have you or your loved one been diagnosed with any of the following?
We are specialists in the following areas (as well as many others):
- Hours crying over homework
- Stomach aches on Monday mornings (Fridays are the best)
- Body awareness and control, rhythm, and balance
- Self-awareness and self-regulation
- Reflex integration
- Academic Symptoms
- Memory and sequencing
- Processing speed
- Phonemic awareness1
- Word attack
- Math facts, concepts, and calculation
- Flexible thinking2
- Logic and reasoning
- Verbal expression
- Written expression
- Attention awareness and control
- Executive Function Training
- Time concepts
- Calendar organization
- Study skills
- Listening and processing challenges
- Note taking problems while listening to someone speak
- Reading comprehension (rereading emails several times to clearly grasp content)
- Difficulties in communication in relationships
- Often misunderstood
1A subset of phonological awareness in which listeners can hear, identify and manipulate phonemes, the smallest units of sound that can differentiate meaning. Separating the spoken word “cat” into three distinct phonemes, /k/, /æ/, and /t/, requires phonemic awareness.
2Doctors have a term to describe the ability to think about things in a different way. They call it “cognitive flexibility.” It uses two skills—flexible thinking and set shifting. Flexible thinking is when kids can think about something in a new way.
We Can Help
Our specialties cover a wide range of learning problems and we consider all aspects of the student: academic, social, emotional, physical, and neurological.
Did you know that we are also able to work with preschools? Read more about our Pathfinders in Motion™.