WHAT PEOPLE SAY
Hear what some of our parents and students are saying about Pathfinders
"My daughter is thriving at Pathfinders because of the encouragement, patience, gentleness, and cheerfulness that permeates every interaction my daughter has with her therapists."
~Andreana L., Parent
"Bringing my daughter with ADHD and Dyslexia from an “F” to now an “A” in high school English is remarkable. Now, I have a vibrant, outgoing, cheerful child that has a bright future ahead."
~Erik B., Parent
"In a year's time, Megan not only gained confidence in her ability to perform academically but also increased her SAT 9 test level from proficient to highly proficient."
~Beverly R., Parent
"Your program opened doors…because his voice and communication improved, he is more confident to talk to his peers and they understand and accept him."
~Kathy S., Parent
"Pathfinders Learning has improved my listening skills, heightened my self-awareness, taught me the importance of posture, and helped to regulate my stress levels throughout my body. It has greatly improved my oral expression and reading skills, and has given me self-confidence."
~Tanner A., 18-year-old
"Gavin came home from school today and said, 'Mom! At library time today, I read for the first time! I wasn't just looking at the pictures.' He was so excited."
~Kristin O., Parent
WHO WE CAN HELP
Are we the "right fit" for you?
We have identified 3 groups that are our "right fit".
Children & Teens w/ Roadblocks to Learning
- Average or above average intelligence
- Not working to their potential
- Appear lazy, unmotivated or distracted
- Poor listeners
- Following directions is difficult
- Hours are spent on homework accompanied by lots of tears
- Teacher reports they are doing fine
- Frequent meltdowns
- Stomachaches on Monday
- Friday is the best day of the week
- Experience poor sleeping habits
- Problems with friendships
- Unclear or poor articulation
- Difficult and frustrating to express thoughts clearly
Does any of this sound familiar?
Parents of Kids with Special Needs
- Recognition of a problem
- Strong "gut" feeling but unable to articulate it
- Pulled in multiple directions
- Overwhelmed with so many options
- Pediatricians are not fully equipped to advise parents
Adults with Learning Challenges at Work
- Learned to “work-around” their learning disabilities
- High-functioning, successful, and hard workers
- Usually, experience less career growth than they should for their efforts
- Something can be done
- Hope for making significant improvements
- Real issue is subtle because they have learned how to compensate
- Manage by working harder, but are often fatigued
- Symptoms include:
- A) Unable to listen and take notes at the same time in meetings
- B) Rereading emails several times to understand
- C) Difficulties in communication in relationships
- D) Frequently misunderstood
How about this?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long does it take to see results?
We expect to see changes quickly within the first two to three months. We will ask parents for feedback on a regular basis about what they are observing in their child. We consider parents to be our partners in training their child, and we invite you to attend sessions or portions of sessions on a regular basis.
Do you help kids with attention?
Attention is understandably a topic of great interest and concern. Many students as well as adults are affected by attention problems. Some have a formal diagnosis of ADHD, and others suffer without recognition or remediation of the problem. We have learned that when a person has weak underlying processing skills, difficulty with body awareness and control, or reflexes that have not matured, their attention will be stressed. Medication helps them with attention and focus, but it will not address the weak underlying skills. Cognitive training and reflex integration will support attention/focus skills, whether the student is on medication or not.
How often does my child have to attend?
Frequency, time, and intensity are critical factors in making lasting changes in the way the brain processes. To gain the most benefit, students initially attend at least three times per week for 1.5 hours each time. Each program is individualized and the total length of the training is dependent upon the how quickly the student is able to make changes.
Is there financial assistance available?
Absolutely! We’ve partnered with Your Tuition Solution™ to offer budget-friendly payment plans that help make our training programs more affordable. Your family is able to complete a simple online application in minutes, which leads to an instant decision – all with no upfront payment or application fees. You, the applicant, will see all of the amounts, monthly payments, and rates you prequalify for, with no impact to your credit score until you select a plan and move forward. Put your student on a path to success with the help of Your Tuition Solution™.